[ASC-media] Media release: Scientists and Their Bodies Must Be Transparent

michaela.patel michaela.patel at telstra.com
Thu Feb 20 14:31:19 EST 2003

Am I the only one who loved this wonderfully ambiguous heading! Are we
talking translucent or transparent? It brings to mind visions of
invisible scientists like the Invisible Man.

Thanks for putting a humourous spin on an otherwise serious issue that
really needs some debate. As the partner of a scientist who spends an
inordinate amount of time writing grant applications, competing for
relatively few grants with limited opportunities to challenge
unsuccessful outcomes, it would be great to see more transparency in
this area at least.

Cheers,
Michaela Patel
Science Writer - Victoria