[ASC-media] RE: Stars, planets, and naked-eye visibility

Paul Floyd actskywatch at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 6 08:04:08 EST 2003

Hi all,

For those interested in testing their eyesight on the planets, Jupiter
reaches opposition on February 2nd. It will have an apparent size of 45.5
arc seconds. See if you can see a disc. It will be the very bright star low
above the North-East horizon at the end of evening twilight.

Nick, you can consider me suitably impressed. Are there any text books you
can refer me to (good trivia for my site)?

Regards,

Paul Floyd.