[ASC-media] NewScientist Exclusive Release

Sapier, Jeff (RBI - AUS) Jeff at NewScientist.com.au
Wed Jul 16 16:43:20 EST 2003

NewScientist Exclusive

MEDIA RELEASE  19 JULY 2003

EMBARGOED: 4 AM, 17 JULY 2003

CAN MASTURBATING KEEP THE DOCTOR AWAY?

A survey from Australia has concluded that frequent self-pleasuring,
particularly in young men, could protect against the most common kind of
cancer. The team found that the more men ejaculate between the ages of 20
and 50, the less likely they are to develop prostate cancer. They speculate
that ejaculation prevents carcinogens building up in the gland.

For further information, contact Douglas Fox of New Scientist on 0405 655
990

PLEASE MENTION NEW SCIENTIST AS THE SOURCE OF ALL ITEMS AND, IF PUBLISHING
ONLINE, PLEASE CARRY A HYPERLINK TO: http://www.newscientist.com

For information on how to view articles on our Internet Press Site OR for
contacts and interviews, please contact Claire Bowles in the UK. Tel: +44 20
7331 2751 or Email:  <mailto:claire.bowles at rbi.co.uk>
claire.bowles at rbi.co.uk

IN AUSTRALIA - Kristy Bain 02 9422 2897 or media at newscientist.com.au

IN NEW ZEALAND - Monica Dwyer: 09 625 3075 or mdwyer at gordongotch.co.nz