[ASC-media] Geoscience Australia Media Newletter - Issue 4, October 2003

Leharne.Fountain at ga.gov.au Leharne.Fountain at ga.gov.au
Fri Oct 10 14:59:28 EST 2003

	Media Email Newsletter from Geoscience Australia
Issue No. 4                                		October 2003

	Earth Science Week 12-18 October 2003
	Earth Science Week is an international event, which aims to help
people develop an understanding of the importance, and impacts, of earth
science on every day life, as well as encouraging a sense of responsibility
for the use and protection of our natural resources and the environment.
	Click here for more details -
http://www.ga.gov.au/about/event/esw2003.jsp
Mapping milestone
	A seamless digital map of Australia's topography is one step closer
to reality following completion of the latest series of topographic maps by
Geoscience Australia.
	Click here for more details -
http://www.ga.gov.au/news/archive/2003/sept/#mapping
	Australia's geoscience database goes international
	Access to Australian research material about geoscience has been
given a new lease of life thanks to a new agreement between Geoscience
Australia and the American Geological Institute.
	Click here for more details -
http://www.ga.gov.au/news/archive/2003/oct/#aesis
	Check out some of our recent media releases:
	The silent danger below
<http://www.ga.gov.au/media/releases/2003/24092003_Karst_hazards.jsp>
	What's in the dirt?
<http://www.ga.gov.au/media/releases/2003/23092003_Riverina.jsp>
	Australia's estuaries at the click of a mouse
<http://www.ga.gov.au/media/releases/2003/16092003_Australia_estuaries.jsp>

	or go to http://www.ga.gov.au/media/index.jsp for more recent media
releases.

	Communications Section, Geoscience Australia
	GPO Box 378, CANBERRA  ACT  2601
	Media Hotline:  1800 882 035 (within Australia)