[ASC-media] Media alert: Academy lecture series

JCA Media jcamedia at starclass.com.au
Sat Aug 14 10:21:47 EST 2004

NATIONAL SCIENCE WEEK 2004 MEDIA RELEASE

August 14, 2004

ACADEMY UNSHEATHES ITS CUTTING EDGE

The Australian Academy of Science will present some of Australia's top scientists in a series of public lectures across the continent at this year's National Science Week.

ACT: Prof Brian Schmidt, The Universe from Beginning to End
Qld: A. Prof Melissa Little, What gave me my kidney - and why should I care?
NSW: Dr Norman Swan, What medical research has and hasn't delivered - the challenge ahead.
NT: Prof David Bowman, The role of research in adapting to global environmental change
SA: Dr Nigel Bean, Maths and the telecommunications industry.
Tas: Prof Paul Haddad, Divide and conquer: the art of separation science.
Vic: Prof Marelyn Wintour-Coghlan, Life before birth and how it can determine health ever after.
WA: A. Prof Una Ryan, "Parasites - are we losing the battle?"

For information on the AAS speakers' program:
When & where: www.scienceweek.info.au
Marian Heard, Australian Academy of Science, 02 6247 5777

For more information on National Science Week:
Telephone: 02 6205 0281
Mobile: 0407 781 891
Facsimile: 02 6207 0072
E-mail: scienceweek at orac.net.au

For more events in National Science Week 2004, please visit:
Website: http://www.scienceweek.info.au/

National Science Week is supported by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education Science and Training (DEST) and the Department of Industry Tourism and Resources (DITR).