[ASC-media] re request to science communicators network

SHAUN HOYT hoyt.shaun at abc.net.au
Mon Aug 23 14:53:45 EST 2004

hello, I'm seeking your advice.

I work for ABC TV's history dept, the "Rewind" show. Next week, we have a
memorable story  on Sir Macfarlance Burnet which breaks new ground on his
biography.

Can you tell me if it is possible to post information on this which will reach
the scientific community ? Here is a synopsis of the story (which could easily
be elaborated on):

COMING UP ON ABC TV's 'REWIND' program, 9.20pm , Sunday 29th August:

BURNET: FROM WHITE SUPREMACIST TO GREAT HUMANITARIAN - Reported by historian,
Michael Cathcart.
'Rewind' reveals that Australian Nobel Prize winner Sir Macfarlane Burnet was a
champion of biological warfare in the 1940s. We open top secret defence files in
which he planned for attacks on the 'teeming hordes' of Asia. But, in a touching
twist, we also discover why this white supremacist changed his mind - finally
embracing all races as members of 'the one species'.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With thanks,
Shaun Hoyt, Producer, ABC TV (Tel: 8333 4073)