[ASC-media] Communications Training Calendar

SciBiz Media Group scibizmedia at netspace.net.au
Tue Jan 6 15:00:21 EST 2004

The SciBiz Media Group 2004 Communications Training Calendar

****Special discounts for ascTAS members and non-profit organizations.
****FREE course tasters prior to National Science Week.

Our courses help people to communicate better - and we're talking about all
kinds of people and many types of communication. Our areas of expertise are
the media, public speaking and presentation skills, meetings and
negotiations, briefing, writing and intuition.

 While each course contains set material, it is adapted to suit the specific
needs of the participants. We use easy-to-do experiential techniques where
possible, and practical exercises that reflect real-life situations.

Term 1
--------
March 23 Handling the Media
March 24 Business Writing
March 25 Speech Writing
March 26 Intuition

Term 2
--------
July 5 Business Writing
July 6 Speech Writing
July 7 Intuition
V 8 Handling the Media

Term 3
--------
October 4 Business Writing
October 5 Speech Writing
October6 Intuition
October7 Handling the Media

Term 4
--------
29 Nov Business Writing
30 Nov Speech Writing
1 Dec Intuition
2 Dec Handling the Media

Handling the media: tells you what the media want and why, and gives a
hands-on chance to learn planning and tactics. Invaluable for anyone who
gives information to a journalist or does media interviews.

Business Writing: teaches the art of writing, with a focus on getting ideas
accepted. The course does this by covering both conceptional matters and
actual writing skills.

Speechwriting: how to write purposeful, coherent speeches, which put a clear
message across, in a way designed to interest and influence an audience.

Intuition: shows the extent of the resource of intuitive thought, and how it
can be used to make decisions, to be creative, solve problems and to re-view
the world.

------
Jess Tyler

The SciBiz Media Group