[ASC-media] Media alert - Clunies Ross Awards - this Wednesday night

Niall Byrne niall at scienceinpublic.com
Mon Mar 22 13:27:31 EST 2004

The 2004 ATSE Clunies Ross Awards will be awarded this Wednesday evening to
six scientists and engineers from Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne.

Their achievements span surgery, biotechnology, forestry, missile defence,
mining and minerals.

These are people who have persisted with their ideas - often against the
odds - to the point that their innovations are making a real difference to
Australia: economically, environmentally, and/or socially.

The awards are strictly embargoed until 6 pm on Wednesday 24 March.

Information on and images of all the awardees is available on my embargo
website at www.scienceinpublic.com. Beta sp footage is also available.

You'll need a password - just email me or call me - 03 5253 1391 or
niall at scienceinpublic.com

___________

Niall Byrne

Science Communication Consultant
Science in Public
PO Box 199 Drysdale 3222 Australia
(185 Scotchmans Road Portarlington 3223)
Ph +61 3 5253 1391, fax +61 3 9923 6008, mobile 0417 131 977
niall at scienceinpublic.com, www.scienceinpublic.com

Other useful webs:
http://www.freshscience.org
http://www.geneticsmedia.org