[ASC-media] This month in the Helix...

Elizabeth.Yuncken at csiro.au Elizabeth.Yuncken at csiro.au
Thu Sep 29 09:10:16 EST 2005

This month in CSIRO Education's The Helix, jammed with fascinating
science, activities, comics, comps and more for ages 10+ and teachers:
(for more info visit www.csiro.au/helix or email doublehelix at csiro.au)

- Cover story: With ice caps melting, glaciers receding, cyclones
destroying and droughts ravaging, climate change is a massive issue, but
how do scientists study it?

- Feature: Do you ever tell lies? If you said 'no', you've probably just
made a liar out of yourself. We all lie, even if it's something as
simple as "I like your new haircut"! Lying is part of the human psyche -
but why do we do it, and what effect does it have on our bodies?

- Feature: Discover a new telescope that's taking the 'twinkle' out of
the night sky and giving astronomers a clearer picture.

- Feature: Learn about the amazing developments biotechnology offers for
the environment and for human health. This issue also comes with a free
bonus CD from Biotechnology Australia.

...Plus plenty more!