[ASC-media] Media release: Focus on Aust. agriculture at world forum
jca.media at starclass.com.au
Wed Aug 9 01:50:09 CEST 2006
International Association of Agricultural Economists 26th Conference
Gold Coast Convention Centre, Qld, Australia
August 12-18, 2006
August 9, 2006
AUSTRALIA IN FOCUS AT WORLD FOOD FORUM
Australia and New Zealand agriculture will be in the spotlight in a special forum at the International Association of Agricultural Economics at the Gold Coast Convention Centre on Wednesday August 16.
Topics and speakers at the forum include:
* Australian agricultural policy & trade reform - Dr Geoff Miller, GCM Strategic Services
* Australian Agriculture: Outlook and International Context - Dr Brian Fisher, ABARE
* Transparency, Australian Policy Processes and International Trade - Dr Andy Stoeckel, Centre for International Economics
* Reducing Rural Red Tape - Gary Banks, Chairman, Productivity Commission
* The changing face of agriculture - Peter Corish, chair, Agriculture & Food Policy Reference Group
A new publication "Australian and New Zealand agriculture: past, present and future" will be launched at the forum. It will include analytical pieces on the future of Australian and New Zealand agriculture, including trade issues, markets and products, as well as regional demographic outlook.
MEDIA ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND AND INTERVIEW THE PARTICIPANTS.
ADMISSION TO THE FORUM IS FREE OF CHARGE TO ACCREDITED MEDIA. PLEASE RING 07 3210 1646 TO REGISTER.
Conference program & key sessions:
IAAE media centre, Gold Coast Convention Centre, +61 (0)7 5504 4019
Media contact: Professor Julian Cribb, 0418 639245 or +61 2 6242 8770 julian.cribb at work.netspeed.com.au
Conference organiser: Debbie Wilson, +61 7 3210 1646 or debbie at hoteliersint.com
More information about the ASC-media