[ASC-media] Media alert: Future of Australian agriculture
jca.media at starclass.com.au
Tue Aug 15 04:07:33 CEST 2006
International Association of Agricultural Economists 26th Conference
Gold Coast Convention Centre, Qld, Australia
August 12-18, 2006 ph 07 5504 4057
August 15, 2006 IAAE8
AUSTRALIA IN FOCUS AT WORLD FOOD FORUM
Australia and New Zealand agriculture are the focus of a special forum at the International Association of Agricultural Economics at the Gold Coast Convention Centre, tomorrow (Wednesday, August 16).
Topics and speakers at the forum include:
* Australian agricultural policy & trade reform - Dr Geoff Miller, GCM Strategic Services
* Australian Agriculture: Outlook and International Context - Dr Brian Fisher, ABARE
* Transparency, Australian Policy Processes and International Trade - Dr Andy Stoeckel, Centre for International Economics
* Reducing Rural Red Tape - Gary Banks, Chairman, Productivity Commission
* The changing face of agriculture - Peter Corish, chair, Agriculture & Food Policy Reference Group
A new publication "Australian and New Zealand agriculture: past, present and future" will be launched at the forum. It will include analytical pieces on the future of Australian and New Zealand agriculture, including trade issues, markets and products, as well as regional demographic outlook.
MEDIA ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND AND INTERVIEW THE PARTICIPANTS.
The forum starts at 8.30 AM and concludes at 11.30AM.
Conference program & key sessions:
IAAE media centre, Gold Coast Convention Centre, +61 (0)7 5504 4057
Media contact: Professor Julian Cribb, 0418 639245 julian.cribb at work.netspeed.com.au
More information about the ASC-media