[ASC-media] BIGGER GRDC SPRING TOUR: GRDC Grain Flash

Brendon Cant brendon at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 24 04:38:28 CEST 2006

BIGGER GRDC SPRING TOUR - Spring is in the air and its time for this year's
GRDC Spring Tour when Hyden grower and Western Regional Panel Chairman Dale
Baker with Deputy Chairman Bob Belford will be on the road to hear issues
important to WA growers.

To cover a greater area, this year's tour from September 5-7, will be split
into a Central and Great Southern tour that includes talks with grower
groups at Arthur River, Kojonup, Broomehill, Katanning, Nyabing, Wickepin
and Brookton.

Mr Baker, who leads the Central tour to Kellerberrin, Nokanning, Merredin,
Quairading and York, expected growers would want to discuss where their GRDC
dollars were being invested as well as the impact of a poor 2006 season.

 "We will be consulting with stakeholders and we want to hear their issues,"
Mr Baker said.

Contact: Julia Polkinghorne, Western Panel support officer, Tel 02 6272 5525

Authorised by GRDC and issued on its behalf by Brendon Cant & Associates,
Tel 08 9384 1122