[ASC-media] Science Writing Workshop 29th-31st May

Marina Hurley marinahurley at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:49:01 EST 2006

Writing Clear Science Workshops

Monday 29th May - Wednesday 31st May

10am-5.00pm
* *
www.writingclearscience.com.au

*Writing Clear Science* teaches writing and research skills to science
students and science professionals.

*Writing Clear Science* workshops include short lectures, followed by
in-depth interactive writing exercises. These workshops help you overcome
your writing obstacles, improve your writing productivity and enhance your
research skills. We teach the skills necessary to produce high quality
science projects, reports, articles and theses. We design, and redesign
report outlines from scratch. We help you improve your writing style,
clarity and comprehension, and help you improve your sentence and paragraph
structure.

The next round of three-day workshops are now open for bookings in Adelaide.
If spaces permit, enrolments for individual days are also available.

*Day 1:* The Nuts & Bolts of Writing
*Day 2:* Writing Reports & Manuscripts
*Day 3:* Writing Your Thesis
*Cost:* $190 / $150 (Full time student concession) per day (GST incl.)
(-10% Early-bird discount >14 days in advance)

*Venue & Dates: *
Monday 29th May - Wednesday 31st May, 10am-5.00pm.
The Richmond Library Meeting Room (upstairs)
415 Church Street (cnr. Church & Swan St.), Richmond VIC.

 *Course Outlines*
The workshops cover all essential aspects of science writing.

*Day 1: The Nuts & Bolts of Writing*

   - How Do We Develop Good Writing Skills?
   - Researching your Topic
   - Developing a Framework for Good Writing
   - Writing Style

*Day 2: Reports & Manuscripts*

   - Publishing Your Science
   - Structuring Your Report
   - Fundamental Research Skills
   - Summarising and Presenting Your Information

*Day 3: Writing Your Thesis*

   - Thesis Design & The Scientific Method
   - Researching Your Topic
   - Chapter Structures
   - Submission, Marking & the Oral Defence

For further information, to download Course Outlines, Venue Details &
Registration Forms, go to http://www.writingclearscience.com.au . Email
info at writingclearscience.com.au . Phone 0416-097979

--

Dr Marina Hurley