[ASC-media] Science at the Shine Dome

Jacinta Legg jacinta.legg at science.org.au
Wed May 3 19:07:20 EST 2006

Hi ASCers,
My apologies for not sending this sooner - an oversight on my behalf!
Regards,
Jacinta

Australian Academy of Science - NEWS ALERT

ROOS, WINE AND POSSUMS SHOW DIVERSITY OF SCIENCE

>From kangaroo DNA and wine testing to protecting our possums, Australia's science elite will be recognised in Canberra this week.

The Australian Academy of Science will hold its annual Science at the Shine Dome event from Wednesday 3 May - Friday 5 May 2006.

Executive Secretary for the Australian Academy of Science, Professor Sue Serjeantson said the event will showcase the high calibre of Australian science.

"The Science at the Shine Dome event includes honouring young and established Australian scientists with a prestigious range of Academy Awards, the election of 18 new Fellows into the Academy and a symposium on the future of a hydrogen economy," Professor Serjeantson said.

EVENT DETAILS

What:	Science at the Shine Dome

When: 		Wednesday 3 May - Friday 5 May 2006

Where: 	Shine Dome, Gordon St, Canberra

The Australian Academy of Science is made up of 400 scientists and promotes and advances Australian science both domestically and around the world.

Further information on the Australian Academy of Science and Science at the Shine Dome is available at http://www.science.org.au/sats2006/index.htm.

Further information:  Jacinta Legg 0409 331 366

Jacinta Legg
Education and Public Awareness Officer
Australian Academy of Science
GPO Box 783, Canberra ACT 2601

Please note that all Academy telephone and fax numbers have changed.

My new direct number: 02 6201 9417
Fax: 02 6201 9494

www.science.org.au <BLOCKED::http://www.science.org.au/>