[ASC-media] Back copies available of Nature (9 years) and Science (7 years)

Peter Pockley scicomm at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 27 00:07:09 CET 2006

PLEASE COPY this to anyone likely to be interested ; especially Librarians.

Dear fellow members of the media interested in science,

Science Communication (my professional vehicle) has completely run
out of storage space and, with reluctance, we must clear out several
years of the international journals, Nature and Science (as separate
blocks or together).

While the trend is towards electronic copies of journals, some
organisations, or even individuals, may be interested in obtaining
these physical copies.

I would greatly prefer to find a home for these copies in a resource
for the media or research, rather than having to discard them for
recycling. The issues are offered only as complete sets, not as
individual copies for filling the odd gap in an existing collection;
this would create too much bother all round. Copies are well
preserved in cardboard boxes, previously used for selling four reams
of A4 paper, and are labelled with volume and issue numbers and dates.

The copies are available in the following ranges:

NATURE: 23 March 1995 (Vol 374, No 6520) to 14 October 2004 (Vol 431,
No 7010) in 15 boxes/

SCIENCE: 8 August 1997 (Vol 277, No 5327) to 12 November 2004 (Vol
306, No 5327 in 9 boxes

Each set includes the famous large issues of 15 and 16 February 2001,
respectively, which published the Human Genome.

I shall be offering each block of copies as a gift to the selected
organisation or individual, the only cost to the recipient being that
of collection and delivery.

Applicants should state the use to which the copies will be put
(repository with open access , etc). Responses would be appreciated
before the Christmas break and not later than 21 December.

Thank you for your help.

Peter

Peter Pockley, DPhil
Science writer & broadcaster
Principal, Science Communication ("SciComm") [Reg]
ABN: 45 976 149 193

25 Avenue Road, Glebe, Sydney
New South Wales 2037, Australia
Phone: +61 (0) 2 9660 6363; Fax: +61 (0) 2 9660 6239
Email: scicomm at bigpond.net.au

Outgoing emails are first checked for viruses by Trend Micro PC-cillin.
Please use phone or fax for anything urgent, and for alerting us to
an important email.