[ASC-media] Rock energy looks hot for the future

jtyler at scibizmedia.com.au jtyler at scibizmedia.com.au
Tue Oct 10 15:50:55 CEST 2006

Media Release

Geological Society of Australia

Rock energy looks hot for the future

Australia’s hot rocks look set to be a significant contributor to our
future energy needs, with some of the world’s best resources on our
doorstep.

In an article released this week by the Geological Society of
Australia in The Australian Geologist, experts on hot rock energy say
that Australia has some of the best hot rock reserves in the world –
perhaps even enough to provide all of our energy needs for centuries.

  With the Federal White Paper on Energy released earlier this year
and the massive debate surrounding our energy future, hot rock energy
is strongly positioned as a popular alternative energy – zero
emissions, fewer problems than nuclear energy and abundant in Australia.

  Already exploration for hot rock reserves are steadily
accelerating, as State Governments rush to put in place tenement
award systems and legislation to meet the growing demand for licences.

  The full article is available from the GSA media centre:
www.gsa.org.au

  Interviews with leading hot rock experts can be arranged by
request. High quality images also available.

  Media Contact

Jess Tyler

Publicity and Promotions

Mobile 0408 298 292

email publicity at gsa.org.au

------
Jess Tyler
SciBiz Media

publicity • media • science conferences • training

M: 0408 298 292
E: jtyler at scibizmedia.com.au
www.scibizmedia.com.au

PO Box 71