[ASC-media] Eating disorders, mental health and diet, and many more
niall at scienceinpublic.com.au
Fri Apr 27 04:27:09 CEST 2007
Cell2Soul - a national conference of psychiatrists - starts on Monday
and runs to 3 May 2007.
There are many intriguing stories, and ex-Age journo Tom Noble is
coordinating the media program. He says,
Do you want to know more about:
* Why eating disorders are on the rise in Australia
* How a lack of psychiatric treatment may be affecting the
* How diet can affect mental health
* Why women react worse to a partner's prostate cancer diagnosis
* The cost to business of staff with a mental health disorder
* The effects of Cyclone Larry on children
* How magnetic stimulation to the brain can help depression
* Dealing with mental health patients in hospital emergency
* And much, much more....
These are some of the topics being discussed at the annual conference of
the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry.
It begins in Queensland next Monday (Monday 30 April).
For media information on the conference, contact Tom Noble on 0408 332
880 or tom at noblepr.com.au or go to cell2soul.com.au
Science Communication Consultant
Science in Public
PO Box 199 Drysdale 3222 Australia
(185 Scotchmans Road Portarlington 3223) Ph +61 3 5253 1391, fax +61 3
9923 6008, mobile 0417 131 977 niall at scienceinpublic.com or
niallprivate at scienceinpublic.com for personal matters
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASC-media