[ASC-media] Media Release - Science Academy welcomes new Chief Scientist for Australia

Mona Akbari Mona.Akbari at science.org.au
Tue Apr 19 06:05:50 CEST 2011

AUSTRALIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE
MEDIA RELEASE

Science Academy welcomes new Chief Scientist for Australia

Australian Academy of Science President Professor Suzanne Cory today welcomed the appointment of Professor Ian Chubb AC as Australia's new Chief Scientist.

"Professor Chubb has shown strong strategic leadership in his previous role as Vice-Chancellor of the Australian National University," Professor Cory said.

"He is well known for his ability to put a powerfully reasoned case for research. We hope as Chief Scientist he will speak strongly for the entire Australian science community.

"The need for science policy that is underpinned by evidence has never been more crucial.

"We are very pleased that the Government has shown confidence in the post of Chief Scientist by appointing Professor Chubb."

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CBFE9A.E3A71DF0]Contact Mona Akbari  |  T (02) 6201 9452  |  M 0447 679 612  |  E mona.akbari at science.org.au