[ASC-media] Next week, the world's leading experts in coral reef science gather in Cairns for the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS 2012)

Melissa Lyne mlyne_99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 04:09:56 CEST 2012

The largest gathering of the world’s experts in coral reef science kicks off next week in Cairns, Australia, running July 9 through July 13. By the end of the week, top scientists will have explored some of the most pressing questions in managing the complex changes taking place in coral reefs globally.

ICRS 2012
The International Coral Reef Symposium, held once every four years, will bring together 2,000 people from 80 countries, to share their research and hear the latest developments in coral reef science. More than 1,500 scientific talks and posters addressing major themes will be presented, giving attendees a unique glimpse of the past, present and future of corals globally.

COVERING IT LIVE
If you can attend, there is no better chance to engage leading experts in coral reef science, at one time, in one place. To make that easier, we have worked with event organizers to create a series of media briefings that will give you direct access to leading experts. Myself and SeaWeb staff will also be on hand to help you track down interviews and story leads. Just visit the media registration desk when you arrive.

COVERING IT REMOTELY
If you can’t be there, we want to help you cover the event from afar. We are filming all the media briefings and will post them online shortly after they occur at www.ICRS2012mediaportal.com, which launched today. On the portal, you can find background documents, rundowns of the briefings, and event schedules. We have also built an extensive photo library and B-Roll footage to assist your coverage.

FOLLOW IT ONLINE
You can also be a part of the conversation via our social media platforms:
·       Twitter.com/ICRS2012
·       Facebook.com/ICRS2012
·       Linkedin.com/groups/ICRS2012

We’ll be tweeting live from the Symposium. If you want to stay connected to us and others talking about coral issues, be sure to use the #ICRS2012 hash tag.

We hope to see you in Cairns; otherwise, we look forward to hearing from you online!

Please share this bulletin with friends and contacts who may be interested.

And if you have any questions or need assistance, you can reach the media team at media at icrs2012.com.

With best regards,
Melissa.

--

Melissa Lyne
Australia and New Zealand Media Co-ordinator