[ASC-media] The Griffyn's Weather-Forecast in Concert

manager at discovery.asn.au manager at discovery.asn.au
Fri Jul 20 01:59:38 CEST 2012

Dear all

The Griffyn Ensemble are currently in the final stages of putting together
their next concert - Cloudy With a Chance of Rain - a weather-forecast in
concert!

This event is part of National Science Week, and we will be joined by
geomorphologist and former Victorian-TV weatherman Rob Gell who will be
guiding us through the science of the weather in all four seasons at the
Bendigo Discovery Science and Technology Centre.  We're performing music
inspired by the weather spanning genre and geography: reimaginings of songs
by Crowded House; contemporary art music from Uruguay, Latvia, and Japan;
chamber jazz and song by American mavericks Alec Wilder and George Gershwin;
divine sounds from Debussy and Villa-Lobos; and works by Australian
composers Elena Kats-Chernin and Griffyn director Michael Sollis.

Cloudy With a Chance of Rain

Discovery Science and Technology Centre, Railway Place

Friday 10 August 7pm

Single Tickets: http://griffyn.iwannaticket.com.au

griffyn_ensemble_2011_00020.jpg

Also, we have just put up some video footage from our last concert with
astronomer Fred Watson - check it out here!: www.youtube.com/GriffynLive.
We also have an active Facebook page that can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Griffyn-Ensemble/24622849445 - please come
and join the Griffyn conversation!

This concert is assisted by the Australian Government through the Australia
Council, its arts funding and advisory body, as well as Inspiring Australia
through National Science Week.

Hope to see you at the concert!!

>From the Griffyn Ensemble

~flute~clarinet ~harp~percussion~soprano~composer~

~Kiri Sollis~Matthew O'Keeffe~ Meriel Owen~Wyana O'Keeffe~Susan
Ellis~Michael Sollis~

cid:image003.jpg at 01CD65A8.BC7BBF30

Lisa Gormley

Manager - Discovery Science and Technology Centre

7 Railway Place, Bendigo 3550

Ph: 03 5444 4400

Fax: 03 5444 4566

http://www.discovery.asn.au <http://www.discovery.asn.au/>