[ASC-media] Sedimental journey: Probing climate's buried past to predict our future (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:02:50 CEST 2013

Dear ASCers,

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Sedimental journey: Probing climate's buried past to predict our future"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/253-sedimental-journey-probing-climate-s-buried-past-predict-our-future

Paleoclimatologist Prof Jonathan Overpeck describes how research into
uncovering the earth’s climate history generates important insights about
our climate future. Presented by Dr Shane Huntington.

"We're starting to understand what we can adapt to and what we cannot adapt
to. That is a very powerful tool in guiding our mitigation discussions. In
other words, if we don't think we can adapt to a temperature increase and
associated drying, say beyond a two degree global warming, then we really
need to be stronger advocates for keeping the earth from warming beyond two
degrees." -- Prof Jonathan Overpeck

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--