[ASC-media] Prey to temptation: Our struggle with irrational health choices (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Fri May 24 06:01:27 CEST 2013

Hi ASCers,

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available.

"Prey to temptation: Our struggle with irrational health choices"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/248-prey-temptation-our-struggle-irrational-health-choices

Social epidemiologist Prof Ichiro Kawachi describes how mental short-cuts
affect our health choices, often for the worse, and what can be done to
help us make better choices. Presented by Dr Dyani Lewis.

"I think the goal of public policy to improve behaviour should include this
idea that everybody needs to act on a level playing field where the
decisions they make are free from misleading advertising." -- Prof Ichiro
Kawachi

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--