[ASC-media] Chief Scientist of WA - thank you

Emma Donnelly E.Donnelly at curtin.edu.au
Sun Nov 24 21:35:33 PST 2013

Dear All

The WA Science Awards last Thursday night were impressive and enjoyable. Congratulations to all finalists and winners.

Chief Scientist of WA, Professor Lyn Beazley, was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Amazing! However, during her speech she announced that after 7 years, she would now be retiring from the role of Chief Scientist on the 31 December 2013.

This is sad news. As you know, Lyn has been the most amazing CS, some of you interstaters may have seen her speak at ASC conferences, or met her during your sci comm work.

To show our appreciation to Lyn, I would like to invite you to share a story of two, a photo, a video via a Facebook page that has been set up.

I understand Facebook (FB) isn't for everyone, so if you have something to say and can't access FB (or don't have a friend who can post for you) or would like to remain anonymous, please email it to scienceoutreach at curtin.edu.au<mailto:scienceoutreach at curtin.edu.au> and I will post it on your behalf.

If you can access FB, please visit this site

  *   facebook.com/thankyouchiefscientist<https://www.facebook.com/thankyouchiefscientist>
  *   Then log into your account
  *   Then post your message

While thanking Lyn is a huge part of this drive, please also take the time to reflect and share why states need a Chief Scientist and what skills you think should be brought to the role.

Please share with your networks - far and wide - so we can all offer our thanks to Lyn and celebrate her dedication and amazing work.

Thank you.

Kind regards
Emma

Emma Donnelly

Science Outreach Manager | Faculty Science and Engineering

Curtin University
Tel | +61 8 9266 1021
Fax | +61 8 9266 2021
Office | Building 314 Room 136A

Email | e.donnelly at curtin.edu.au<applewebdata://7F2B93E1-E3F9-48E4-9CA7-6BA57BE6EE67/e.donnelly@curtin.edu.au>
Web | http://science.curtin.edu.au/outreach
Postal address | GPO Box U1987, Perth, Western Australia, 6845

[cid:D973BA82-4C19-4221-89BE-FCA13211F755]
Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J (WA), 02637B (NSW)

This email, including any attached files, may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to receive information for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.