[ASC-media] ECU Natural Sciences: seminar October 25 and in the news

Nardia BORDAS n.bordas at ecu.edu.au
Fri Oct 18 03:12:29 PDT 2013

Greetings, Science Fans!
The next date in our free Seminar Series is next Friday October 25 at 3.30pm in room 19.143 (Building 19 of our Joondalup campus, map available upon request).  Our speaker is Glenn Shiell, a quantitative ecologist from Oceanica.  Full abstract may be requested closer to the event.
No need to register attendance, but a courtesy message to (08) 6304 5116 would be appreciated for catering/venue purposes.  If you're attending for the first time, please RSVP so I can send you a map with parking details and put out some direction signs.
Here's an updated schedule for the rest of the year (subject to change):
November 1: AIMS Townsville visiting researcher Nicole Webster
November 8: ECU researcher Amanda Wheeler
November 22: ECU chemistry lecturer Dr Magda Wajrak

ECU Natural Sciences researchers have featured in the news of late.  Professor Paul Lavery's examination of the carbon value in Australia's seagrasses continues to make the news, Associate Professor Glenn Hyndes was consulted about recent shark activity and our PhD candidate Tim Doherty has been interviewed about WA's new Cat Act on Radio National.  According to host Waleed Aly Tim even has the potential to become Australia's leading feral cat consultant!  Details of news articles are available on request.  Follow Tim on Twitter at @kyloring and more at @ECUWildlifeLab

Hope to see you at ECU!
In science,
Nardia Bordas
Laboratory Technician, Promotions Officer | NTEU ECU Branch Vice-President (General), WA Division Assistant Secretary (General) | School of Natural Sciences, Edith Cowan University | Room JO19.242, 270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027 | T +61 8 6304 5116 | n.bordas at ecu.edu.au<mailto:n.bordas at ecu.edu.au>  | School website: www.ecu.edu.au/schools/natural-sciences/overview<http://www.ecu.edu.au/schools/natural-sciences/overview> | Collective Agreements: Academic<http://www.nteu.org.au/library/view/id/47> General<http://www.nteu.org.au/library/view/id/48>
My job is not desk-based so e-mail replies will not be immediate

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B