[ASC-media] The fight against dementia - keep informed

Ian McDonald Ian.McDonald at alzheimers.org.au
Thu Oct 24 20:05:08 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,

Dementia is a terminal illness. It affects more than 320,000 people in Australia and this number is set to increase to 900,000 by 2050 without any major research breakthroughs.

Alzheimer's Australia has been promoting dementia research, working with local researchers and providing dementia research funding since its earliest days as a network of consumer support organisations in the 1980s. We will always be committed to contributing towards Australian dementia research.

One of our major outputs is a fortnightly e-newsletter called "Dementia News" - dedicated to unravelling the science behind dementia research, not just in Australia but around the world.

I am sending this email for a few reasons:

1.       You can receive this e-newsletter by simply replying to this email saying "yes - please subscribe me."

2.       You may have researchers within your organisation that wish to promote research in this area.

3.       You may want to report on some of these breakthroughs and we can help put you get in touch with the right people.

Please feel free to forward this email to anyone who may be interested in keeping informed about this research area.
Ian

[Dementia News brochure.jpg]

Dr Ian McDonald
Research Communications Officer | Alzheimer's Australia | 1 Frewin Place, Scullin, ACT, 2614
p: (02) 6278 8916 | e: ian.mcdonald at alzheimers.org.au<mailto:ian.mcdonald at alzheimers.org.au> |w: www.fightdementia.org.au<http://www.fightdementia.org.au>

Click here<http://www.fightdementia.org.au/research-publications/dementia-news-1.aspx> to read previous editions of Dementia News
[cid:image001.png at 01CEBAB8.0A4DE930]<http://www.fightdementia.org.au/>
Follow Alzheimer's Australia on: [FB-logo-ssmall] <https://www.facebook.com/fightdementia>  [pinterest_badge_red_ssmall] <http://www.pinterest.com/alzheimersaust/pins/> [twitter-bird-blue-on-white_ssmall] <https://twitter.com/AlzheimersAus>

For information or support call the National Dementia Helpline: 1800 100 500