[ASC-media] WA event, ECU Natural Sciences seminar Sept 6: marine robots

Nardia BORDAS n.bordas at ecu.edu.au
Tue Sep 3 04:27:11 CEST 2013

Greetings, Science Fans!
The next date in our free Seminar Series is this Friday September at 3.30pm in room 19.143 (Building 19 of our Joondalup campus, map available upon request).  We now have a special new speaker this week: Pramod Maurya from the Marine Instrumentation Division of the National Institute of Oceanography in Goa, India.

Pramod will speak about how three new autonomous marine vehicles developed at the Institute can investigate oxygen levels and other parameters in the world's oceans.  Full abstract available upon request.

As some readers are new to this list, here's some general info about the Seminar Series:
No need to register attendance, but a courtesy message to (08) 6304 5116 would be appreciated for catering/venue purposes.  These 45-60min seminars are aimed at a university audience and can be rather technical, but all interested parties are welcome.  Drinks and nibbles will be available after the seminars, when you can chat with the speakers in person.  If you're attending for the first time, please RSVP so I can send you a map with parking details and put out some direction signs.

Here's an updated schedule for the rest of the year (subject to change):
October 11 or 25: Oceanica speaker (tentative)
November 1: AIMS Townsville visiting researcher Nicole Webster
November 8: ECU chemistry lecturer Dr Magdalena Wajrak
November 22: ECU researcher Amanda Wheeler

Hope to see you at ECU!
In science,
Nardia Bordas
Laboratory Technician, Promotions Officer | NTEU ECU Branch Vice-President (General), WA Division Assistant Secretary (General) | School of Natural Sciences, Edith Cowan University | Room JO19.242, 270 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027 | T +61 8 6304 5116 | n.bordas at ecu.edu.au<mailto:n.bordas at ecu.edu.au>  | School website: www.ecu.edu.au/schools/natural-sciences/overview<http://www.ecu.edu.au/schools/natural-sciences/overview> | Collective Agreements: Academic<http://www.nteu.org.au/library/view/id/47> General<http://www.nteu.org.au/library/view/id/48>
My job is not desk-based so e-mail replies will not be immediate

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B