[ASC-media] Sequencing seizures: discovering new genetic mutations behind epilepsy (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 18:23:03 PDT 2013

Dear ASCers,

The latest science podcast from Up Close is now available:

"Sequencing seizures: discovering new genetic mutations behind epilepsy"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/260-beyond-exceptional-what-makes-child-prodigy

Neurologist Prof Sam Berkovic and molecular geneticist Prof David Goldstein
describe their work uncovering chance mutations that cause childhood
epilepsy. Presented by Dr Dyani Lewis.

"… about 20 years ago we had a fairly simple view that as the genetics
tumbled out, we'd have one syndrome that we recognise as clinicians and
that there'd be one gene for that. How wrong we were." -- Prof Sam Berkovic

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--