[ASC-media] Brain traces: Neurobiology's emerging insights into schizophrenia and its treatment (podcast)

Dyani Lewis dyanilewis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 20:51:50 PDT 2013

Dear ASCers,

The latest podcast from Up Close is now available:

"Brain traces: Neurobiology's emerging insights into schizophrenia and its
treatment"

http://upclose.unimelb.edu.au/episode/265-brain-traces-neurobiology-s-emerging-insights-schizophrenia-and-its-treatment

Molecular biologist Prof Brian Dean talks about how both post-mortem and
live imaging investigations of brain biology are helping to identify new
treatment targets for the multifaceted condition of schizophrenia.
Presented by Dr Shane Huntington.

"It's exciting because at the moment we are working with a number of
neuro-imaging people to try to translate what we're finding from our
post-mortem tissue into living brain. The easiest interaction we have is
not with MRI but with the functional neuro-imaging such as PET - positron
emission tomograpy." -- Prof Brian Dean

Check out our other science (and humanities) episodes at
upclose.unimelb.edu.au

Happy listening!

Dyani

--