[ASC-media] NSW Event: Marine Debris Forum

Jillian Browning jillian_riethmuller at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 00:29:29 PDT 2016

*Turning the Tide on Trash*
*Discussing the problems, working towards solutions*

Date: May 28th and 29th
Venue: Club Sapphire in Merimbula
Cost: $60

The forum will which dissect the issue of marine debris, where it comes
from, what impacts it has on our environment and what we can do. The forum
is run over 2 days with 4 different marine scientists presenting on their
research and a pollution solution workshop run by Doug Reckord from Bournda
Environmental Education Centre. The researchers come from a variety of
backgrounds and will cover topics such as the effects of micro plastics on
shorebirds, the economic impact of debris and how we can use citizen
science to make a difference.
http://www.sapphirecoastdiscovery.com.au/research/
annual-marine-science-forum-3/

Book online at