[ASC-media] Media Release: AstroQuest—Volunteers wanted to help unlock the secrets of our Universe

Pete Wheeler pete.wheeler at uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 21 15:36:08 PDT 2019

Greetings!
In a new citizen science project launched today--known as AstroQuest--researchers are looking for volunteers to study images of galaxies and figure out which light is coming from which galaxy.

AstroQuest volunteers will analyse around 2 million galaxies and help train new machine learning algorithms for the Wide Area Vista ExtraGalactic Survey (WAVES) catalogue.

This is a chance for anyone who's interested in astronomy to be involved in one of the biggest scientific projects of the next ten years. www.astroquest.net.au<https://astroquest.net.au/>

For the full release see attached. For multimedia visit https://www.icrar.org/astroquestlaunch/

Regards
Pete

Pete Wheeler
Outreach, Education and Communications Manager

Ph: +61 8 6488 7758
Mobile: +61 423 982 018

[http://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/icrar.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/06160138/image001.png]
<http://www.icrar.org/>www.icrar.org<http://www.icrar.org/about/>    Subscribe to our eNewsletter<http://www.icrar.org/#subscribe>    ICRAR on Twitter<http://twitter.com/icrar>   ICRAR on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/ICRAR/199692286227>